Monday, March 7, 2016

Music Matching Monday: Stolen


Add It On Goodreads!

It happened like this. I was stolen from an airport. Taken from everything I knew, everything I was used to. Taken to sand and heat, dirt and danger. And he expected me to love him.

This is my story.

A letter from nowhere. 


Sixteen-year-old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back? 

I chose to pair this book with a song that pretty much reminds me of the story from the very first few lyrics, talking about 'looking out the window' and seeing the sun shining. Especially the lyric where it walks about not wanting to be a hostage anymore which is exactly what are the main character is in the book, literally. In this beautiful story, Gemma has to not only fight for her life but also figure out what it is her captor wants with her and she has to struggle with the feelings she starts developing for him. Is it actually love for him or is it simply Gemma losing her mind? I highly recommend this book so please pick it up!

ERASE YOU by Nikki Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment