Friday, June 19, 2015

Book Talk #3: Books That Need To Be Movies!


Recently in the past few months, book-to-movie adaptions have become a very popular thing in Hollywood what with the success of movies such as The Hunger Games, Divergent, Harry Potter and countless others. Almost every movie that comes out, you can almost be sure that there's a book to go along with the movie. So many great books have been adapted to the big screen but there are so many other books I wish would get their chance to shine! So here are the books I want to see in theaters ASAP!

8. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

 
When it comes to contemporary movies/books, I love the funny and quirky factor for both. I think this book would be an interesting book to adapt into a movie because of it's quirky characters and storyline. I would love to see this hit the big screen because it's a really fun and entertaining summer read. Yes, Lara Jean isn't the most mature teenage girl but I think we've all had our moments that weren't very prime examples of maturity. I should know because, well, I'm a teenage girl myself . . . Anyhoo, I think this would be a really fun movie!
 
 
 
 
7. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
Obviously, this title is a little bit of a mouthful but nonetheless, I would love to see this book be turned into a movie. For years, us Gallagher Girl fans have been hearing rumors and announcements of movie companies and screen writers trying to get the process moving on getting this first book adapted and I have to say, I don't think I can wait any longer! It's not clear whether this book will ever be adapted but I really hope it does. I mean, come on now, bad-ass girl spies battling enemies from other countries while also balancing boys and homework? I'd buy a ticket to see that for sure!
 
 
 
 
 
6. The Young Elites by Marie Lu
 
Now this book has actually already been bought by 20th Century Fox and Temple Hill for adaptation but there still isn't anything locked in other than a couple of producers and a writer for the screenplay. Together, the two companies have brought YA fans movies such as The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, The Fault In Our Stars and Paper Towns. Right now, the companies are still optioning the book for adaptation and I'm beyond excited for this news! I really loved this book so much and I might be a little obsessed with it. This is my favorite book by Marie Lu and I really hope the adaptation comes soon!
 
 
 
5. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Uglies book.jpg
 
This book has also been bought by 20th Century Fox as well but development has been very slow-going over the years. The rights to this book were bought back in 2006 and the company said the movie was set to come out back in 2011 but was pushed back. Since then, the company has announced that the movie was back in production as of July 3 2013 but still no word has been said since then as for casting or directing. I'm not so sure if we'll ever get an Uglies movie but I would love to see one in near future! I think it would be so cool form a society to see in theaters because of it's bizarre world and even characters.
 
 
 
4. Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
 
So far, there has been tons of hype surrounding the Throne Of Glass series partly due to the fifth book's release coming in September of this year. I didn't exactly love this book as much as every human being on this planet but I did get really into the world and characters enough to want a movie for this book. This book has tons of fantasy elements that I would love to see on the big screen and I think would be see come to life. Surprisingly, there has yet to be a movie company to show interest in this series for adaptation. A kick-butt female protagonist who's also an assassin? What more could you want in a book-to-movie adaptation?
 
 
 
3. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
 
If you've ever read a book by Stephanie Perkins, then you'd know this book is probably the most loved book by her and the one every fan wants a movie for, including me. I really want to see this be adapted into a movie because it's such a cute, sweet, and quirky romance that's perfect for the summer time! I really want to see a movie for this in the future for so many reasons but we'll leave it up to my number one reason for now. So far, this book also hasn't had any attention from any movie company but let's hope that changes sometime in the future.
 
 
 
 
2. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle
 
This is more of a seasonal book but I still would love to see this book become a movie. I really loved all the characters and stories and I think this following three different stories would be so cool to see come to life. I think this would be a great movie for the holidays more directed towards teens and YA lovers like the majority of us. With the witty, sarcastic and sweet moments in this book, I think it would be a very happy and heartwarming movie that'd be perfect for the Christmas season and really awesome for fans for the book and authors obviously!
 
 
 
 
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
 
The number one book I want to see be adapted is hands down this book! The rights to this book have also already been bought by a top-secret movie company that Marissa Meyer is keeping under lock and key for the time being. Apparently, a director is still being sought out for this potential book-to-movie adaptation and I really hope more news about this comes sooner that soon. It would be so awesome to see a cyborg Cinderella hit theaters since it's such an interesting twist on the story and this series is not exactly dying down with the release of the fifth and final book coming in October/Novmber later this year. Pretty much everyone has read this series and if you haven't yet, what are you waiting for?
 
 
So which YA novels do YOU want to see be adapted?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment