Saturday, May 9, 2015

Review: Confess by Colleen Hoover

Confess by Colleen Hoover
Rating: PG-13
Genre: NA Romance, Contemporary, Drama, YA Fiction
Score: 4.5 Stars
Page Count: 320
Stand Alone Novel
Publisher: Atria Books
Published: March 10, 2015
 
Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.
For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.
The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…  
 
Review:
PROS:
1. So I had so many people recommend Colleen Hoover books to me ranging from her very first book to this latest one. I was really interested in this book in particular because of it's setting in the city of Dallas, my home town and it's art theme. Two of my favorite things combined into one story. Sounds like a winner to me! I thought this book would be a great start to getting into Colleen Hoover's books and so I picked it up at the bookstore a few weeks ago and finally got around to reading it. So here's the review!
 
2. First off, I really liked all the characters in this book. They weren't my favorite group but they definitely had really great development. I thought that they were all pretty realistic though a little too dramatic at some points. I really liked Auburn in the end after I got to know her character and past a little bit more. She's a very determined character who's just a little afraid of change. I was also really interested in Owen's character because he seemed like a very dynamic character and was very creative but also seemed to be hiding a lot from a lot of people. The side characters were great as well and I really enjoyed reading about them.
 
3. The writing for this book was so beautiful and incredibly praise worthy! I knew that Colleen Hoover was a very hyped author but I didn't really understand why until I read this book. Her writing was so beautiful and she described some of the most dull things in such an amazing way and is definitely on my ever-growing list of favorite authors. I loved how she used the simplest ways to build up her characters and story and she was able to weave everything together seamlessly and it was absolutely amazing how she was able to do that. Needless to say, I'm already obsessed with her writing!
 
4. I really enjoyed all the mystery and the twists and turns behind the characters and storyline. I couldn't help but become invested in the story because of how much I wanted to find out what was going on and what certain people were hiding from each other. Secrets came out and confessions were made and overall, this book had me on the edge a few times. 
 
5. Lastly, I really loved that the book included pictures of some of the art work mentioned in the book and I was amazed by the art work. The colors were beautiful and it was really cool to see the actual paintings that Own created and I thought it just brought the book to life a little more. It was a really great read and I highly recommend this book if you want to get into some of Colleen Hoover's books but don't know where to start.
 
Follow Colleen!
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!


1 comment:

  1. I just read this one last week, and I agree that it is really great! The art was by far my favorite aspect of the book. (I read it on my Kindle, but I will definitely be buying a hard copy of this one, because the art is so beautiful!) I've read nearly all of Hoover's books. I would recommend Hopeless and Ugly Love (those are two of my favorites)!

    ReplyDelete