Friday, April 17, 2015

The Disney Princess Book Tag!

Hey bookworms! Today I'm going to be doing The Disney Princess Book Tag created by the lovely lady Soudha from Of Stacks and Cups which you click the link to go to her blog and check out her original post for this tag! I LOVE Disney movies and of course, Disney Princess! From Mulan and Cinderella to Elsa and Belle, I just them all! So let's get on with the tag!
 
1. Snow White-Name your favorite classic.
 
I really love Black Beauty because of so many reasons! For one, it was the first chapter book I ever read by myself when I was 5 years old. I fell in love with the characters and most of all, Black Beauty himself. I was just fully immersed while reading this book and must've read it twice a week, I'm not even kidding about that! This classic story about a girl and her horse is a timeless story about friendship and devotion amongst a pair of friends who's only differences are a snout and hands and feet.


2. Cinderella- Name a book that kept you reading well past your bedtime.

I couldn't put this third book in the Lunar Chronicles down to save my life! This book, Cress by Marissa Meyer, had me reading well past the time I normally go to sleep because I just had to marathon the last 200+ pages to find out what happened and how it ended! Before I knew it, it was almost one in the morning when I finally finished the last page of this glorious book. Needless to say, it was worth it!



3. Aurora- Name your favorite classic romance.
 I have to make a confession, I've yet to read a Jane Austin novel. I know, I know, shame on me! But, so far, Jane Eyre has to be my favorite classic romance of the moment. It's only one of a handful of classic romances I've read but I still count it as my favorite so far. I just loved the characters and the classic romantic elements in this book so much. Sometimes, you need a little bit of more conflict and struggle in a romance novel and this one was just that!


4. Ariel- Name a book that's about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams.


I chose The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen because this book is about a small town girl who has such a bright future ahead of her and everything she could ever want. Her parents want so much more for her than what she already has but when things start falling apart for her, she discovers that everything she has might not be everything she wants after all. It's a great story about making sacrifices and finding your adventure and most importantly, realizing who you really want to be.


5. Belle- Name a book with a smart and independent female character:

I chose Violet Baudelaire from the Series Of Unfortunate Events series because even though she struggles to protect her siblings from the evil Count Olaf, she's also very smart and ready to take charge whenever she's called to it. She's also determined and very inventive and I just think she's such an awesome female protagonist. I loved her throughout this series and I'm super excited to see her character come to life in the TV series!


6. Jasmine- Name a book with a character who challenged the social conventions of his or her world.

I chose Johnny Ross for this one! On Beale Street by Ronald Kidd is about a young boy growing up in the 1940's-50's when the country was still divided by race. Johnny befriends an up-and-coming singer named Elvis and with his other friends, he fights to unite people by music or more specifically, rock and roll. I think this is a very touching and a very moving story that will forever be one of my favorite books!


7. Pocahontas- Name a book whose ending was a roller-coaster of emotions.

Not only is this book a roller-coaster of emotions from the first page but it has one of the most beautiful endings I've ever read. The ending is so hopeful, heartbreaking, beautiful, witty and just wants to make you cry tears of both joy and sadness. I seriously love this book so much and the ending was just everything.





8. Mulan- Name a book with a kick-ass female character.
I just had to choose Tris for this category! I loved her character in Divergent because I thought she was a girl who seemed weak and fragile but decided to prove everyone including herself that she's capable of a lot more than they thought. She just becomes this very strong and almost fearless character that didn't shy away from danger.


9. Tiana- Name a book featuring a hardworking, self-made character.


I think Kestrel from The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski falls into this category very well. Kestrel is a very independent young woman that struggles to be the daughter her father wants her to be while also staying to stay true to herself and help to lead her country in the war. She's a very hard working character and I think she also puts her family and friends first when making decisions and sacrifices.


10. Rapunzel- Name a book that features an artist.

I chose Karou for this one! She's a very talented artist who draws the most beautiful pictures of these fantastical creatures people think she thinks up herself. She's a very unique character who has a secret part of her life she hides from everyone she knows and takes her sketchbook wherever she goes. Needless to say, I want to be her!


11. Merida- Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship.

I chose to go with All Fall Down by Ally Carter because our main character, Grace, is on a mission to catch her mother's murderer. This book touches on the type of relationship Grace had with her mother and it shows sweet memories, a very close and sweet relationship between Grace and her mother and she'll do anything to catch the man who killed her mother and bring him to justice. It's a very exciting and fast-paced book that I think matches the excitement of Merida.


12. Anna and Elsa-Name a book that features a great relationship between siblings.

I chose the Chronicles of Narnia series because the Pevensie siblings have an unbreakable relationship with each other. They make sacrifices for each other and think about each other when problems arise. I just love how their able to band together and never abandon each other when things get rough as they have to fight wars, battles and take down their enemies.


And that's it for the Disney Princess Book tag! If you want to do this tag, please feel free to do it and make sure to credit Soudha if you do this! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

1 comment: