Monday, April 6, 2015

Music Matching Monday: Eleanor and Park

This book is one my favorite contemporaries for many reasons. Not only do I love the characters and storyline but also the feel of the whole book. I love that it's set in the 80's with a few Pop culture references for that decade. It's a really sweet and funny throwback to the 80's but it also has a bit of a modern twist to appeal to young readers who might not know a lot about that time where comic books and Walkman's were all the rage. I'm a 90's kid but I've watched enough 80's movies to know the references in the book. I wanted to choose a song that was fun but had a modern twist on the music style that was popular back then. You know, Donna Summers? The Bee Gees? Anybody heard of them? Anyway, I wanted to pair this book with the perfect song that reminded me of the characters and theme of the book. I struck gold when I stumbled upon the absolute perfect song for this book and ever since I first heard it a few days ago, I can't stop think about this book every time I hear it!
 
DISCO LOVE by The Saturdays


No comments:

Post a Comment