Saturday, January 17, 2015

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Mystery
Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Page Count: 245
Book #1 of the Low Red Moon series
Publisher: Bloombury USA Childrens
Published: August 2, 2010
The only thing Avery Hood can remember about the night her parents died is that she saw silver—deadly silver, moving inhumanly fast. As much as she wants to remember who killed them, she can't, and there's nothing left to do but try to piece her life back together. Then Avery meets the new boy in school — Ben, mysterious and beautiful, with whom she feels a connection like nothing she's ever experienced. When Ben reveals he's a werewolf, Avery still trusts him — at first. Then she sees that sometimes his eyes flash inhuman silver. And she learns that she's not the only one who can't remember the night her parents died.

Review:
PROS:
1. I'm not going to lie and say I was super excited to read this book at first. I've had a really bad past with werewolf books and never liked any of them. I wasn't too happy about reading this one but for the sake of crossing it off my TBR, I read it and well . . . ended up really liking this one! Talk about a pleasant surprise!

2. I loved all the characters in this book but my favorite was our main character, Avery. I really loved how she wasn't the typical character most werewolf novels tend to portray; Avery was an average girl who had gone through something horrifically tragic and pretty much shut the world out and just wanted to try and move on with her life and didn't really interact with people on a regular basis. I really loved how she wasn't portrayed as a beautiful and breathtaking girl who wanted to fall in love with some guy so badly that she made horrible and unrealistic decisions. She was very relatable and put her family first before any feelings she had towards Ben which I really liked.

3. I also really loved the storyline of the book. I loved how it started out dark and somewhat menacing and carried that theme throughout the book. It was very mysterious and I loved how there were so many missing puzzle pieces when it came to Avery's parent's murder and I really liked how when one problem seemed to be close to being solved, something else would pop up and was somehow in relationship to all the other pieces of the puzzle.

4. I really enjoyed Ivy Devlin's writing for this book. It was not only beautiful but also realistic and easy to read and follow along with. I really liked how the story played out with a series of events all leading up to an amazing climax and realization and even the ending was really good. The story was fleshed out beautifully and no questions were left unanswered.

5. Overall, I'm definitely keeping this book on my shelf and I can't wait to continue on with this series! I fully enjoyed reading this story and loved almost everything from how beautiful the book looked on the outside to the story on the inside. It wasn't my favorite book this year so far but it was still a lot of fun to read.

Age Recommendation: 13+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment