Friday, January 16, 2015

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Heist Society by Ally Carter
Hesit Society cover
Rating: PG
Genre: Realistic/Fiction Mystery
Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Page Count: 287
Book #1 of the Heist Society series
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Published: February 9, 2010
 
When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected. Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help. For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.
 
Review:
PROS:
1. Being a big fan of the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter, I was super excited to finally start on this series! Not only have the rights been bought to bring this book to the big screen, but it has pretty good reviews on both Goodreads and the interwebs. So without further delay, let's get this review started!

2. Even though they weren't my favorite batch, I still really enjoyed the characters in this book. I really liked the main character, Kat, because I thought she was both smart and sneaky and I really loved how driven she was, how she didn't give up easily and also welcomed a challenge with open arms. The other characters I thought were all either funny, smart, loveable or all of the above.

3. I also really liked the storyline of this book. I really liked how it started out a little simplistic but only escalated further as the story progressed. It was easy to follow along with while still being interesting and even at times keeping you on the edge of your seat. It's not as action packed as the Gallagher Girls series but still was a lot of fun.

4. The book continued to stay two steps ahead of the reader which was something I really liked. It had so many twists and turns and that made the story so much more exciting. It didn't get confusing but still had the air of mystery and problem solving to keep the book unpredictable.

5. Overall, this book was a lot of fun to read and I'm excited to pick up the next two books in the series. It had action, mystery, an inkling of romance and even art for the art lovers out there (me)! It was a fun book to pick up because of everything I just mention and more. From climbing tall buildings to smuggling planes out of countries, it definitely wasn't dull.

CONS:
1. Even though I really did love the book, it did get a tad bit slow in some parts of the story. I would've loved to se more action scenes or a little more problem solving to keep my mind tuned in.

Age Recommendation: 12+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment