Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bang by Lisa McMann

Bang by Lisa McMann
Rating: PG
Genre: YA Action, Romance
Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Book #2 of the Visions trilogy
Page Count: 242
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: October 8, 2013
 
Jules should be happy. She saved a lot of people’s lives and she’s finally with Sawyer, pretty much the guy of her dreams. But the nightmare’s not over, because she somehow managed to pass the psycho vision stuff to Sawyer. Excellent. Feeling responsible for what he’s going through and knowing that people’s lives are at stake, Jules is determined to help him figure it all out. But Sawyer’s vision is so awful he can barely describe it, much less make sense of it. All he can tell her is there’s a gun, and eleven ear-splitting shots. Bang. Jules and Sawyer have to work out the details fast, because the visions are getting worse and that means only one thing: time is running out. But every clue they see takes them down the wrong path. If they can’t prevent the vision from happening, lives will be lost. And they may be among the casualties…
 
Review:
PROS:
1. After reading the first book in the trilogy, Crash, I fell so in love with the story and really wanted to hurry up and pick up the second book. I wasn't able to do so, however, seeing as tracking down this sequel took literally months! When I finally got my hands on it, I was so excited to get started on it and only just recently picked it up. After starting and finishing it in just a few hours, it's needless to say that I desperately need to find the third book!
 
2. The characters were just as amazing in the second book as in the first. I really loved Jules in Crash and thought she was a very good main character and I really loved how she was strong, driven and didn't give up easily and pretty much welcomed danger. I really loved seeing all the characters develop even more in this second book. I'm so in love with the other characters and really enjoyed getting to know them a little better.
 
3. I fully enjoyed the storyline in this book! It was very interesting and had an air of mystery throughout the entire story. It kept me on the edge of my seat for a good half of the book when everything seemed to be building up to an epic climax. From the very first page it had me hooked, had me wondering what the heck was going on and what was going to happen next. 
 
4. I felt like this story had a little something for everyone. The romance was just too sweet and perfect, the action was thrilling, the comedy was hilarious and overall, it was just an amazing sequel to an amazing first book. I recommend this trilogy to anyone who's looking for a thrilling read with other elements thrown in or for someone who just wants something exciting and fast-paced. 
 
Age Recommendation: 14+
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment