Thursday, December 4, 2014

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Rating: PG-13
Score: ★★★★★
Genre: Dystopian, Romance
Page Count: 338
Book #1 of the Shatter Me trilogy
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: November 2012

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but the Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette into a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and the Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

Review:
Pros:
1. This dystpoian book was a winner for me in many ways from the very first page. I loved pretty much everything about this book and it definitely deserves the hype that its been given!

2. The characters in this book were just amazing. I really loved all of their personalities and I loved the development of them all. I really connected with them all which can be hard to do sometimes. They were all very different and some made me laugh while others were infuriating but lovable at the same time.

3. The story was so well built that it all flowed so well together. The climax was perfect and I loved all the thrilling scenes sprinkled throughout. There was a touch of mystery that added just that much more interest to the story.

4. I loved all the elements weaved seamlessly into this book. It had a big dystopian feel that reminded me of The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken meets The Young Elites by Marie Lu, kids with cool powers treated like dangerous criminals and used as weapons. It's an amazing blend of romance, super cool abilities and secrets that are surprising, sweet and mind blowing in every way.

5. I couldn't put this book down when I started reading it! The writing was so amazing and somewhat poetic. I really loved the crossed out words and sentences, I felt like it really brought the reader into what the character was really thinking and what she actually said and did. 

Age Recommendation: 13+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter! 

FOLLOW ME
Twitter: @BooksMusicLife1
Instagram: @Books.Music.Life
Goodreads: @BooksMusicLife1


No comments:

Post a Comment