Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Kidnapping Of Christina Lattimore by Joan Lowry Nixon

The Kidnapping Of Christina Lattimore by Joan Lowry Nixon
Rating: PG
Score: 4 stars
Genre: Mystery, Crime

Christina spots a man in the dark, lonely parking lot- but too late. She's grabbed, drugged, and whisked off to a dingy basement, where she struggles to stay alive. When her family pays the kidnappers' ransom, Christina thinks her ordeal is over . . . but then discovers that her family thinks she orchestrated her own kidnapping! Christina is desperate. How far will she go to prove her innocence?

 Review:
Pros:
1. This mystery crime fiction is honestly a classic. Somewhere between Nancy Drew and Clue. I really liked a lot of things about this book for that reason. It's not a newer book at all but it still has a few perks that I still found satisfying.

 2. I really liked all the characters in the book. They weren't necessarily my favorite group of book characters but I still liked them. They were all pretty smart about investigating the true mastermind behind the kidnapping scheme as well as very observant and motivated. Even the kidnappers themselves were pretty interesting characters.

3. It was also very clean with nothing inappropriate for the younger readers. I don't usually read books that maybe the younger readers would enjoy, considering I love YA, but I still enjoyed the cleanliness of it, since it didn't distract me from the story.

Cons:
1. Even though I did enjoy the book overall, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. The book promises a "thrilling suspense story that's fast-paced and exciting!" That didn't happen for me. It might have been all those things in the 70's but it isn't anymore. It was pretty steady from the beginning to the end without much suspense at all.

2. Another thing was that the story was somewhat predictable throughout. In about the middle of the book, I was already pretty sure on how the story would end, who the true mastermind was, and how they went about doing so. I don't know if it's because of the amount of mystery books I've read or if it was just the fact that the story itself was just that predictable, but it was very easy to put the pieces together and conclude the mystery.

Age Recommendation: 11+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any more book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

FOLLOW ME:
Twitter: @BooksMusicLife1
Instagram: @Books.Music.Life
Goodreads: @BooksMusicLife1

No comments:

Post a Comment