Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Rating: PG
Score: 5 stars

Sixteen-year old Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. In a world where androids and humans crowd the streets of New Beijing and a deadly plague ravages the population. Not to mention a ruthless lunar people watch earth, waiting to make their move. Cinder has a mysterious past and is reviled by her stepmother. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai, she suddenly finds herself caught between an intergalactic struggle and a forbidden love. She's also caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal. She must uncover the secrets of her mysterious past in order to protect her world's future. There's something unusual about Cinder, something that others would kill for.

Review:
Pros:
1. I really loved the interesting mixture of different genres in this book. I loved the sci-fly fantasy and the romance. The fairy tail with a twist and a dark backdrop to Cinder's world. It was a very different story, unlike anything I've ever read and I definitely recommend this book to those who love a good modern twist to old classic fairy tales. 

2. To describe the book the best I can, just imagine Cinderella meets The Terminator and Star Wars and who've got Cinder. I loved all the futuristic terms and of course the androids and cyborgs as well as the forbidden love story and the danger of a deadly plague and being exposed.

 3. I just fell in love with all the characters! I loved how they went so well together and how each of them grew on you, even the nasty stepmother and evil queen. 

4. Overall, I truly loved this book and everything it had to offer. There's definitely something in it for everyone, no matter how old or young, boy or girl. I loved the book from beginning to end and I know you will too!

Age Recommendation: 12+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment