Monday, July 21, 2014

The Selection by Kiera Cass

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Rating: PG
Score: 5 stars

For 35 lucky girls, The Selection is the chance of a lifetime. It gives them the opportunity to escape the life that has been laid out for them since birth, so much different than the life at the palace. Glittering jewels, beautiful dresses, priceless jewelry, and competing for the heart of the handsome Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, The Selection is her worst nightmare. When she is chosen to be in the Selection, America is forced to turn her back on her secret romance with Aspen, forced to leave her home and family behind in order to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that's constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. But when America meets Prince Maxon, she discovers that maybe what she's planned for herself isn't what she really wants. She realizes that maybe the life she's always dreamed of may be of no comparison to the life she's never imagined.

Review:
Pros:
1. I fell so in love with this book that I honestly have not one con about this story. I loved this sci-fi fantasy storyline and I think it's perfect for any girl who wants a modern version of Cinderella with a twist.

2. I loved the characters in this book to death. America Singer really relates to any girl who loves music, knows she isn't perfect and isn't about to change for a guy, let alone a Prince. The book had it's sweet characters, it's lovable characters, and of course the characters that you just want to slap. A good mixture if you ask me.

3. I really loved the romance that went on throughout the book between America and Aspen as well as when she starts falling for the Prince once she gets to know him more. It was very sweet and sincere as well as passionate at times and romantic at others.

4. I also loved all the different emotions in the book and thought it was a good balance between love and hate, jealousy and envy, as well as friendliness and loyalty. 

5. For me, the book didn't get slow at times and had not one bad word. It was constantly moving and constantly left me wondering what happens next at the end of every chapter.

Age Recommendation: 12+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment